Welcome to St Barnabas, a warm, lively, evangelical community within the Church of England. We are committed to proclaiming and living the good news of Jesus Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit. To show Christ’s love through service to the community.
St. Barnabas is an Anglican Church, part of the Church of England and we are in the Deanery of Chadkirk and the Diocese of Chester. St. Barnabas’ has been part of the community of Lower Bredbury since 1943.
It started life as the daughter church of St. Mark’s, Bredbury, in what is now Bredbury Hall Country Club. In 1953 the church moved to its present building. From then over the years it has grown in numbers, so that in 1983 the church became an independent Parish Church in its own right.
On 19th May 1989 our extension was opened. This was built to give us extra room for meetings and a library and lounge area. Later on 6th June 1999 we held the opening for our newly re-furbished kitchen and the extra facilities installed for those with a disability – toilets and a loop-system.
Sometimes people say that St. Barnabas’ is not a “proper church” because it doesn’t have a tower or pews or saints in stained glass windows. The church however is not the building. The people who meet in the building to worship God and grow together in their love and trust of Jesus are the church. Young or old, single or married, employed or unemployed – these people all make up our church. The thing they have in common is that they all have found that getting to know Jesus is the best thing they have ever done.
We are committed to Safeguarding Children, Young People, Victims Perpetrators of Domestic Abuse and Vulnerable Adults. The PCC has adopted the Church of England’s policies and best practice on safeguarding which may be found on the Church of England’s website https://www.churchofengland.org/more/safeguarding
Our Parish Safeguarding Officer is Clem Beaumont, who may be contacted at church or by email email@example.com